Wednesday 4 May 2011

Review: Real Colors Smolder-Eyes Shadow Palette Counterfeit + Swatches



I bought this palette at Sally Beauty Supply for about $10 CAD and honestly, I didn't expect much. But I was pleasantly surprised. Lately this has been my grab on the go palette, its not huge, it has 6 different colors and fits in my make up bag perfectly. All the shades compliment each other and I think for the most part would suit any eye color.

The palette itself is really sturdy. I've dropped it a couple times and its still fully intact. Except for the top shadow that sort of chipped, but I guess that's to be expected when your a butter fingers lol.

I haven't used the applicator in the palette because I have eyeshadow brushes that I'm sure can perform much better then a sponge eyeshadow applicator. But since I never used it, I can't really comment on it.

The only downfall to this palette is that the shadows are put into the palette in lines, because of this when you're trying to pick up the shadows with a brush you can accidentally pick up another color at the same time. Which is a real pain when your using a fluffier brush.

Overall I'm really happy that I have this palette, I love the Gold/Copper shades in it and I'll totally buy it again and I may buy another palette in this collection called "Feign". The colors are smooth and well pigmented and quite easily bendable. The only thing I'm not happy with is the shape of the shadow pans, it would just be so much more convenient if they were squares, or circles. In addition to "Feign" and "Counterfeit" there are 4 other palettes in this collection, making 6 in total.

Here are the swatches:


 With Flash

Without Flash - Natural Light




You can buy this palette here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Mini towel warmer cabinet and Double hot towel cabinet. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog