Tuesday 3 May 2011

Fimo Fruit Salad Nail Tutorial.. Finally

Alright guys, I know I told you all I'd do this a long time ago, and I'm sorry for the delay but this tutorial ended up on the back burner for awhile. All that aside I have it for you now Yaaaay!


Ok so for starters you'll need:




- A base polish of your choice
- Fimo rods
- A knife & cutting board
- Tweezers
- Nail glue
- Clear nail polish

First you'll want to start off by removing any polish you have on your nails and then clipping or filing them. Apply the polish of your choice, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Fuchsia Flare

Then pick out the fimo rods you'd like to use, in this tutorial I use an orange, a lime and a strawberry.. I also wanted to use a kiwi but I just couldn't get it to fit in without trimming it, so I just went on without it.

Next you need to cut the fimo rods into thin slices I use a kitchen knife and a cutting board

Now you need to cut the lime and orange pieces in half so you'll end up with something that looks like this:

 This is the nail glue I use (I got it in a gel nail kit)

Now you need put a drop of glue on to your nail and spread it around a bit. Place on the orange and lime pieces with the tweezers and follow by putting another dab of glue on to your nail and placing the strawberry on your nail with the tweezers.

After the glue dries put on a coat of clear nail polish
(I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Invisible)

And finally your left with this:

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial!

1 comment:

Search This Blog