For the past few weeks I've been having smoothies for breakfast, I've really come to prefer them over my old breakfast of peanut butter or nutella and toast. They're so much more filling, there are endless ingredient options, you get a few servings of fruit and/or vegetables for the day & a fair amount of your daily fiber.
- 1/2 banana (I used a frozen one)
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (I used plain, unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup frozen (no sugar added) blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
I really like this smoothie because the most predominant flavor is the green tea powder, everything else kind of gets lost, the blueberries don't add much flavor and the banana just adds a hint of sweetness. The ground flax seeds really fill you up, so after this baby, I'm good until lunch time.
You can adjust the ingredients as you prefer, add a little extra sweetness with some vanilla yogurt or sweetened almond milk or throw in some protein powder for something extra to keep you full.