Sunday 31 July 2011

Rock & Republic Saturate Eye Colour Swatches


Ok the packaging on these babies is ridiculous.. In a good way though lol. Recently HauteLook had a sale on Rock & Republic stuff. Both the clothes/accessories (I'm not a fan of their women's jeans - I have two pairs & I hate them) as well as the make up. So I made sure I was on HauteLook as soon as the sale started and I grabbed three shadows (Ambition, Scorch and Corrosive) I contemplated buying a brush or two, but I just don't need them. I was really hoping that some of their blushes would be up for sale, but unfortunately, they weren't. These shadows retail for $28.00 USD on Rock & Republic's Website. I purchased these shadows from HauteLook for $7.00 a piece. You get 0.11oz or 3g of product. 
Ambition, Scorch, Corrosive

 


Ambition, Scorch, Corrosive
Swatched on bare skin without a primer.

As far as my first impressions are concerned...

I think that the packaging is amazing, I love it.. Its so sleek and pretty (not to mention way extra). The only thing that I don't like about the packaging is that the shadow containers don't snap shut when you close them. So if throw these in a make up bag you'd need to make sure these are in a secure area that will ensure they stay closed so nothing gouges the product in the pan. The shadows are really velvety and smooth and not at all powdery.. Just plain amazing lol

The colors are quite pigmented in a weird way. You can apply them quite sheer if you want or you can really amp them up. Just based on this I wish I'd gotten more colors - In reality more shadows is the last thing I need lol. In general I'm really happy with the colors I bought. I can't wait to give them a whirl!

PS:

After this purchase, I'm super in love with HauteLook and will continue to shop off their website! They have such amazing deals! And the shipping is super reasonable. The only thing I dislike about them is they take about a month to ship. Aside from that they are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog