Saturday 30 July 2011

My First Franken.... Success?

Ok I've read one tutorial on how to do a Franken. It was at from Dr. Frankenpolish's blog. (What a bad ass name, seriously)


Anyways, I didn't so much as read it as I looked at the pictures to get the gist of it..


So let's see how this little baby goes.


I'm using:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On, NYX Pearl Mania Yellow Gold Pearl, and Nicole by OPI Make Mine Lime and a random Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Shadow.


I used the whole pan of shadow in the Make Mine Lime polish. I then added about 30 drops of  Sally Hansen White On. To add everything I made a funnel out of a piece of paper. After everything was in I shook up the bottle. After I used the white polish I needed to lighten up the green polish I added the whole bottle of the pearl mania pigment into the polish bottle. Then you gotta shake 'em up REALLY well.

This is what I ended up with:


I'm really really happy with how the green polish came out. The problem with it before is that it was so sheer so I'd have to do a coat of white polish and then two coats of green. By adding the white directing into the polish I can now just skip the whole thing and do two coats and I'm rockin. As for me adding the eye shadow I just thought it would be fun lol.

The Sally Hansen nail polish didn't turn out as well as I expected. Since I added so much pigment it really dried out the polish. To fix this I may add in some more white polish I have from another bottle. I'm really happy how the color came out though.


Two quick coats of my Green Franken

All in all I had a lot of fun with this and will be doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog