Sunday 24 April 2011

Review: Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super Plus Beblesh Balm [BB Cream] + Swatches



I'm really new to the world of BB Creams, before I bought this I did a lot of reading on the Internet to get a general idea of which BB Cream brands and types would be good for my skin type (Fair-Medium & Dry). I found a website that gives a small description of some of the most popular BB Creams and which skin types they're good for. Click here to read more on the different creams. I still don't think there's enough information on BB Creams out there for most people to make an informed decision. Lots of people say buying a BB Cream is mostly "trial and error" until you find the right one for you. Thus, do as much research as you can.

This is what Skin79 says about VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm: "BB CREAM THAT PRESENTS LUXURIOUS SKIN. Ingredients with an abundance of nutrition keep skin resilient and moist and its whitening and wrinkle fighting properties helps maintain clear and resilient skin, while giving the skin a natural and bright look."

I bought this BB Cream for $16.99 USD (shipping was free). When I first opened the package and pumped some of the product on to the back of my hand I was really surprised. In doing my research to buy this, tons of reviewers claimed that the product had a grey tinge to it when they first pumped it out and applied it to their faces. To me it just looked like a dull beige.

This cream feels really rich, it's very thick, but not so thick that it's hard to blend into the face. I think it's definitely geared more towards dry skin. I was a little nervous to put this stuff on because I came across a ton of girls saying it feels "heavy" on the skin and that "it wouldn't be good for humid days". I could see that this product may seem a little heavy if you put on too much but with just a half pump of the applicator, I had more than enough to cover my whole face.

I think that this product would be good for either summer or winter depending fully on your skin tone and how oily your face gets. Personally I plan on using this a lot of the time in the winter because I'm pretty fair (NW20) and in the winter, I obviously don't get a lot of sun. I think this stuff will require an additional moisturizer previous to putting it on because my skin is really dry. As far as summer is concerned, I'll use it on days that I'll be in the sun more than usual and also on days that I need a little bit more coverage than my MAC Face & Body gives me.
My face feels very soft when I put this on. I do look a tad paler than normal but a quick swipe all over my face with my GOSH Giant Sun Powder fixes this. Obviously just looking at this product you can see it's not made for people with darker complexions. Like I said I'm an NW20 and this is a little bit too light for me so I doubt anyone darker than an NW20 could get away with wearing this BB cream. It's a shame to say that most BB creams are geared towards lighter skin tones. 

This product does have a very light scent, it's not over powering at all and fades away quite quickly.

I like the way the packaging looks and that it's quite compact, but I don't like it at the same time because I'm not going to have any idea how much product I have in it at any given time.



Straight out of the bottle

Half blended into the back of my hand


Fully blended (notice the difference of the skin color of my hand from the previous photos & the sheen this gave off due to the flash) 

Overall, so far, I'm really happy with this stuff but due to the packaging I'm going to give this 4/5. I'm not even going to provide an official rating to this until I use it for about a month to let you know of any improvements to my skin because BB Creams do have a lot of beneficial claims to them.


I bought this BB Cream off of eBay. But you can also buy this directly from Skin79 Here. 

If your interested in seeing my FULL REVIEW of this BB Cream click here.

4 comments:

  1. i want to try this - am new with bb creams..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for review. Most helpful. I've been wearing mineral foundation for some time, but I'd like to try BB creams. SO many to choose from...but Skin79 VIP Gold sounds right for my dry dehydrated skin type and light skin tone..and it's less than $30.00

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am looking for a bb cream and i think this one looks right for me! but the only thing is, is that my skin gets oily in my t zone and the rest of my face is very dry! i have combination skin, and i cant find a bb cream that helps my skin look flawless!!! hopefully this one will!! any suggestions though??? i need help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be worth giving this one a try, if your concerned about your oiliness, then maybe try something like Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, just to lightly set everything, it will also increase your wear time.. I set all my BB creams & foundations with my Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. I love it because even though it will Matte you out, it still has a nice sheen. If you end up looking too powdery after applying the powder, a couple spritz' of something like Mac's Fix+ will correct it =)

      Hope this helps!

      Delete

Search This Blog