Monday 3 October 2011

Full Review: Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super Plus Beblesh Balm

As some of you may recall I did a post about Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super Plus Beblesh Balm, in that post it was mainly discussing my first impressions and swatches. Since then I used up my first bottle and have purchased a second. I bought my first bottle in April and bought a replacement bottle in August so I got about 4 months of use out of a bottle which is good considering I only paid $16 a bottle.


This is what Skin79 says about VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm: "BB CREAM THAT PRESENTS LUXURIOUS SKIN. Ingredients with an abundance of nutrition keep skin resilient and moist and its whitening and wrinkle fighting properties helps maintain clear and resilient skin, while giving the skin a natural and bright look."

Lets break all the claims down:

Whitening: To be honest, I didn't give myself high expectations for this cream in terms of the whitening. Obviously this BB Cream didn't do a thing in terms of making my skin more white. Although skin my appear with a more white cast due to the SPF in the cream itself.

Moisturizing: This stuff is much more moisturizing then your average foundation. I would say in terms of moisturizing it would be and is along the same lines as a tinted moisturizer. I don't think that any BB Cream on its own should be looked upon as a moisturizer which is why I always include a moisturizer for both my eyes and face before I apply BB cream (or anything for that matter). 

Wrinkle fighting properties: I'm not quite sure about this on, only because I think things like this take time to take note of and asses. Also the fact that I'm 21 years old and have minimal wrinkling. I wouldn't depend strictly on a BB Cream for anti-wrinkling properties. If that's what your looking into, its probably worth it to get skin care products geared specifically towards that.

Clear and resilient skin: I'm not going to lie here and say that this has kept my skin clear, because it hasn't. I get those pesky monthly pimples here and there. They haven't stopped, but they do clear up quite quickly, so my skin does seem more resilient.

Giving the skin a natural and bright look: Honestly, I have to agree with this. But in saying that I think that a wide variety of foundations do this.

Taking into consideration the cost of this product, the amount of use I got out of it and how it performed I will continue to purchase and use it regularly. Lately I've really come to prefer BB Creams to founations. I also have another BB Cream which I have also come to love.

The only thing I don't like about BB Creams is the almost "dewy" finish they leave on the face. Its not that its unpleasant in any way but I just prefer a matte look. To get rid of this and to also increase the wear + the coverage I like to finish my face with a dusting of a loose mineral foundation. Also if your interested in more so stepping up the coverage of a BB Cream you can always mix in a tad of your favourite concealer into the BB Cream.

I love this product. I'm totally happy with it.

Since I liked this product so much, as well as the other BB Cream I have I am planning on buying, using and reviewing more BB Creams.

Also, If anyone is interested in seeing swatches see my original post on Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super Plus Beblesh Balm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog