Monday 25 April 2011

Review: LUSH New! & Karma Komba Bar Shampoos

Karma Komba Shampoo bar after approx. 25 uses & Brand new New! Shampoo Bar


These shampoo bars both retail for $9.95 CAD + tax. To use them I just wet my hands and the bar and rub the bar in my hands to get a good lather going and just rub the lather into my hair until my whole head is covered in the shampoo.

This is what LUSH says about the New! Shampoo:


"We use cinnamon leaf oil in New, a warming and nourishing solid shampoo bar, which stimulates your follicles and encourage healthy hair growth. Clove and peppermint oils to motivate tired scalps. Help treat hair loss with cinnamon, clove and bay oils. When stress or life goes to your head, this shampoo will encourage hair growth and stimulate scalps. It's intense, but works a treat on irritated scalps or hair that's thinning. Rejuvenate hair with rosemary and nettle to make hair shiny and soft. Nettle and peppermint stimulate the scalp and the hair follicles"

 This shampoo bar is red/pink and has 2 cinnamon sticks in it, which I think looks cool and makes the bar smell even more cinnamon-y haha.I'm not really sure about the benefits regarding hair growth and scalp stimulation with this product, but so far I'm really loving it! I really like this bar because it seems to dry out my hair, which is awesome because if I use normal shampoo (like Herbal Eessences or Pantene for example). My hair gets very greasy and I have to wash it everyday. With this stuff I can 100% get away with washing my hair every other day. Obviously this wouldn't be a good shampoo to use regularly if you have dry hair to begin with. This shampoo is also great for leaving my hair smooth and silky. The only thing I didn't like about this shampoo is that it doesn't leave much of a cinnamon scent in my hair, which is kind of a bummer so just for that reason I'm rating this shampoo 4.5 GlitterBombs out of 5.

This is what LUSH says about Karma Komba Shampoo:


"This Karma scented shampoo uses lavendin oil to promote a relaxed attitude, calmer mood and softer skin. It's a simple base that creates a rich foam to clean hair, but this one is really for scenting your hair with our Karma fragrance. It has toning orange oil, plus pine and patchouli to help keep your scalp soothed and free of the problematic microbes that could cause dandruff. Lavendin oil is used in our Karma range, from soap to fragrance and haircare. It is soothing, calming and works to relax the emotions"

Karma Komba is green and has a small chamomile flower embedded in it which I think is also super cool haha. Again this shampoo is also really good at drying out my hair, when I use it I can get away with washing it every other day. This shampoo, unlike its cinnamon sister leaves a fantastic, quite indescribable smell to the hair it smells a lot like incense, my mom hates it and claims I "smell like an old man" I couldn't disagree more. I suppose it could help in calming me since I do enjoy the smell but I don't know. As far as the scalp soothing properties, I'm not 100% sure on that either only because I don't have dandruff.  I give this shampoo 5 GlitterBombs out of 5 because for me, it just works well and couldn't really ask for more of Karma Komba.



Just so you guys can see the approx. size of the Stimulating Spice Shampoo Bar.




You can buy these shampoo bars here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog