Tuesday 29 March 2011

MAC: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 & Select SPF 15 + MAC Face & Body

So here are some swatches and a small description (not really a review) of MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 & Select SPF 15 in NW20 and also MAC's Face & Body in C1. I provided both MAC's description and my own opinion for each of these.

So lets get the ball rolling..

 Left to right: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 NW20, Select SPF 15 NW20, Face & Body C1

Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - This is what MAC says about it: "A modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium-buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free"

This is a great medium to full coverage foundation. Its pretty buildable but I wouldn't go too crazy here because its a tad on the heavy side. The only issue I had with this foundation was that it seems to be geared more towards oily skin, which is a huge issue for me because I have SUPER dry skin. Obviously the girl who recommended this to me at MAC didn't know what she was talking about when she suggested this particular foundation to me. It was good at first, but after a couple weeks of use my skin was really flaky and dry. There are 30 shades. 30 ml / 1.0 fl oz. $26.50 US.

Select SPF 15 - This is what MAC says about it: "Our water-based liquid foundation. Combines medium coverage with SPF 15. Provides a fresh, natural matte finish. Layers up, lasts long: helps protect the skin all day. Non-oily. 18 shades. Best way to baby your skin!"

This is a really good medium coverage foundation that can be buildable into full coverage, the good thing I found with this foundation is that its really light, since it is water based. Its defiantly not as heavy as Studio Fix Fluid. It seems to be working quite well with my dry skin. I don't think this would be good at all for people with oily skin just because its not drying me out what-so-ever like the studio fix fluid did, so it doesn't seem to be absorbing any oil I may have on my face. I really am liking this foundation when I want a little bit more coverage then my Face & Body can provide. There are 18 shades. 30 ml / 1.0 US fl oz. $26.50 US.

Face & Body Foundation - This is what MAC says about it: "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."

This is my absolute favourite foundation. Ever. Mac, for me anyways, really hit the nail on the head for this one. The foundation itself is really really light, and watery, which is awesome for me because I have dry skin and don't need a lot of coverage normally. This foundation is really really easily buildable. I normally put on three thin layers just to even out my skin tone so everything looks just right. I again don't think this would be a good foundation for people with oily skin, because it is quite dewy - which I personally don't like all that much so I put on a little dusting of Mac's Set Powder and I'm good to go. Plus the fact that the bottle you get it in is 4 times bigger then a normal Mac foundation is awesome, and it only costs a few bucks more. There are 13 shades. 120 ml / 4 oz. $32.50 US.

 Left to right: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, Select SPF 15, Face & Body (with flash)
 Left to right: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, Select SPF 15, Face & Body (without flash, natural light)
 Left to right: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, Select SPF 15

Face & Body Foundation

You can find all of these products Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog