Thursday 24 November 2011

Reviews + Comparison: Elf Studio HD Powder, Mac Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder & MUFE HD Microfinish Powder


 
E.l.f. High Definition Powder What it is "A translucent, versatile loose powder that creates a flawless, "soft focus" effect to the skin. Masks fine lines and imperfections for a glowing, radiant complexion. This incredibly soft and invisible powder is ideal for everyday wear, either alone or over your favorite e.l.f. foundation. Our HD Powder is a makeup artist and e.l.f. customer favorite, and at only $6, it can be yours at a fraction of the cost of the competition!" $6.00 USD for 3.5 oz from Elf's website.

This powder is great if your on a tight budget. It does the job, fairly well. You get a ton of product for what you pay for and its well worth the money. This is currently the powder I'm using right now I will continue to use this up, until its gone. After that I won't repurchase it.

The product is finely milled for the most part, there are a few particles in there that are bigger then I'd like them to be. They're not everywhere but I just don't like it. Another con is the packaging - its super messy. The lid doesn't screw on tight enough to stop the product from getting out. The jar is unnecessarily big and the sifter comes off way too easily, which is why I dumped the product into a more reliable jar with a sifter that stays on. Also, this product comes with a powder puff but I don't use it.


Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder What it is: "A universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation or worn alone. Sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. This 100% mineral silica powder softens the appearance of imperfections. Completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. One universal shade for all skin tones. It's completely translucent and goes on any skintone. Its talc-free formula does not dry the skin and is formulated with 100% silica. Dermatologically tested." $30.00 US for 0.35 oz. from Sephora's website.

This is a fantastic product. Its very very Finley milled and leaves you face silky. This product is all pros for me, there aren't any large particles at all. The packaging is also good. There is one and only one con about this product. When you tap the powder off the brush your using to apply it to your face it does this weird smoke poof thing and when it happens I guess I breathe it in and its all I can smell until I blow my nose (I'm sorry, I know its gross) That's the reason I'm not a 100% fan of it.




Mac Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder What it is: "A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin" $27.50 CAD for 8 g / 0.28 US oz from Mac's website

This powder is my favourite of the three, its silky and leaves your face nice and smooth. Its a very finely milled product and it doesn't do the weird smoke poof thing that the MUFE powder does. There are no large powder particles in this product. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect the secret of personal attraction is locked up in our unique imperfections, flaws and frailties. See the link below for more info.


    #imperfections
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog