Friday 24 February 2012

Part 1: Skin Care Routine + Cetaphil & The Body Shop Reviews

This is the first part of a two part post, this one is discussing my three step cleanse, tone, moisturize system. Part two will talk about Anti-Aging, Exfoliating and etc.

 
Since my last skin care post I've switched things up, the three step system I was using before (The Body Shop Vitamin E system) I changed things up about 2 months ago, because my face was becoming more and more oily, which is weird for me, because I have ultra dry skin.
 
Cleanse: I thought even though I'm changing products, I'd keep it simple, because my skin doesn't do well with heavily perfumed creams and etc. I started using Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser and I'm loving it, its a thinner consistency non foaming cleanser. It has no scent and does a great job at gently washing my face and getting rid of most of the make up I have on at any given time. I really like this cleanser and would highly recommend it to anyone who has normal-dry or sensitive skin. Another bonus is the Cetaphil is quite inexpensive and is available for sale in most pharmacy's/grocery stores. You can also get it online at Well.ca, this product is for sale in four different sizes, the one I buy (the 16 fl oz one) costs anywhere between $17.00-$20.00 CAD. Keep an eye out because I've seen this stuff on sale many times.

Tone: Since the Cetaphil line of products doesn't carry a toner, I've just carried on using  The Body Shops Vitamin E Toner. Its a really gentle toner, gentle enough to use on your eyes help in removing excess makeup. Feels really refreshing. This sells for $12.00 CAD for 200 ml at The Body Shop. 

Moisturize: My skin is so dry, so I need a heavy duty moisturizer. I've been LOVING the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, its a really thick and heavy cream. But the best part about it is that although its so thick and heavy, it absorbs into the skin ultra quick and doesn't make my face oily at all, I would again highly recommend this to people with dry skin. Not to mention this stuff has done wonders for my hands which up until using this stuff have been so so dry. When I put this moisturizer on my face I always scoop up a little extra to rub into my hands. Again this (like the cleanser) is unscented, so its great for people with sensitive skin. Staying in the same line as the cleanser, this product too is very in expensive and is for sale at most pharmacy's/grocery stores. You can also get it online at Well.ca, this product is for sale in three different sizes, the one I buy (the 16 fl oz one) sells for anywhere between $22.00-$25.00 CAD. Again keep an eye out because I've seen this baby on sale a ton of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog