Saturday 25 February 2012

Part 2: Skin Care Routine

This post is part two of my Skin Care Routine Post, the first one here discussed my current three step system. This one will be talking more so about the "extras" of skin care. Although I refer to them as "extras" they're still super important!

  Clinique's Sun SPF 50 Face Cream not pictured

Make Up Remover: Since I'm an avid make up user I normally have to deal with removing eye make up, and some products are much tougher and budge proof then others. Since these products are so long wearing and water proof, my cleanser and toner just can't break them down. So before I wash my face when I'm wearing water proof mascara or eyeliner I'll do a quick swipe over my eyes with Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Make Up Remover. This product is so gentle, but it still gets the job done. All I do is shake it up, dab some on a cotton pad and let it get to work on my eyes make up. This product is for sale in a whole slew of stores, in Canada, you can get it at select Shoppers Drugmart's most department stores, Sephora or even at Lancome.ca, this product retails for $34.00-$35.00 CAD for the 125 ml size.

Weekly Mask: About once a week or so I do a mask. I use The Body Shop's Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask. I really like this because it too is very gentle. When you first put it on it gives you a tad of a stinging/warming sensation on certain areas of my face (mostly around my nose) its not at all painful. I like it because it feels like its actually doing something to you face. The smell of it is fairly mild, kind of oaty and honeyish, but not quite. This also acts as a gentle defoliator, so if you have sensitive skin, this may be great for you. My face feels super soft, moisturized and clean after using this mask. I let this sit on my face for about 30-45 minutes when I use it. This product is for sale at The Body Shop and it retails for $16.50 for 100 ml.

Exfoliation: Another crucial part of skincare is exfoliating, my favorite exfoliant is Clinique's Face Scrub For Men, its so great. Its got really tiny grains in it so if your skin isn't tough enough to take a fine exfoliator you need get yourself on with larger pieces, which tend to be less abrasive to the skin. I really like this one because it has a minty, cooling sensation it leaves on your face for a minute or so after you wash it off. I use this product 2-3 times a week depending on how flaky my skin is looking. This product is for sale at a variety of departments stores or at Sephora/Sephora.com it retails for $23.00 for 3.4 oz at Sephora. 

SPF: Sun protection is key in any skin care regime. The one that I've been using for about two years now, Clinique's Sun SPF 50 Face Cream is great, it doesn't leave my face with that typical "greasy" sunscreen look, after about a minute, I'm ready to prime my face and get on to putting on my makeup. It does have that typical sunscreen smell, but if fades quickly, plus it reminds me of the summer time. This product sells at a variety of department stores, as well as Sephora/Sephora.com. It retails for $23.00 CDN for 1.7 fl oz. 

I always told myself I'm going to start an Anti-Aging routine when I turned 21 or 22. Now that I'm 22 I've started. I'm still kind of testing the waters on this subject, so its not going to be too much in depth, I feel like this sort of thing takes time. In the last little while I've been using two deluxe samples of both Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum and their Genifique Eye Youth Activating Eye Concentrate. I'm really liking the Genifique Serum, my sample is slowly running out, when its gone I'm planning on buying a full size on this product (It comes in three sizes 30 ml [$95 CAD], 50 ml [$125 CAD] & 75 ml [$155 CAD]). The Genifique Eye (It comes in one size: 15g for $80.00 CAD) is also pretty good too its very moisturizing and doesn't leave my eye area feeling tight at all, I do like this product a lot but I won't repurchase after I finish my deluxe sample because I have a full size High Resolution Eye Refill-3X (also one size: 15g for $76.00 CAD) that I got as a bonus when I bought some Lancome stuff. After that's done, I'll choose which product I liked better or maybe again try something new and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog