Monday 2 January 2012

Heads Up To Canadian Sephora Shoppers! SAVE YOURSELF SOME $$$$!

So I just thought it would be a good idea to share with my fellow Canadian beauty lovers that Shopping online may be a better option the picking up items directly from a Sephora store. 

Last night I was at my local mall picking up a few things with a friend and we stopped in Sephora. I decided to check my shade in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20. I found it and took a mental note of the price, which was $55 CAD. I decided that since I'm going to the US in march I might as well see how much it is there online and if it was significantly cheaper I'd just hold off until I can get it for less money. 

I checked online and found the price to be $42.00 USD, which honestly seems about right because from what I've seen the mark up in products from the US to Canada is about $10. See photo below.

 

I don't know why I decided to see how much the tinted moisturizer would be in a Canadian check out but I did. In a way I'm happy I came across this, but in another, I feel kind of bad for all the people (me included) who spend extra money on things they could get for less online.. FROM THE SAME STORE!


Even if you take into account the shipping (which is $9.95 for standard) You would still save money in some cases. For example the  Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 is $55.00 CAD (plus tax) in Sephora Stores & is only $44.10 CAD (plus tax) online. So $44.10 + $9.95 shipping = $54.05  - That's still a savings of 95 cents!

Also if you take into account that there is free shipping on orders to Canada that are $75+ Its totally worth it to shop online once you get a few things that you need together. 

So do your research before shopping! I hope this helps some Canadian girls (or guys!) save some of your hard earned cash!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog